Hi, I am Pier!
SAS Data Scientist and MSc in Artificial Intelligence graduate with an interest in research areas such as Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud Development. Aside from my work activities, I am a freelancer and technical writer for Towards Data Science (an online publication with two million annual readers).
- SAS Institute (Data Scientist)
As part of my role at SAS, I am currently working with the Data Science team in order to help our customers solving various data-driven challenges using Cloud-based technologies and DevOps processes. SAS is a leader in data analytics with more than 40 years of experience and representing about 92% of the US Fortune 100 companies.
- MSc Artificial Intelligence (University of Southampton)
Distinction (86%). Artificial Intelligence Society Committee member and Microsoft Student Partner.
- Digital-Dandelion (Research Data Scientist)
As a Research Data Scientist, I collaborated with a variety of business clients in sectors such as finance, retail and e-commerce. In each business project, I worked with clients to plan and deliver specialised solutions to solve their commercial data problems. One of the most interesting projects I worked on was on analysing how changes in Stock Prices can affect different company shares parameters (Level 2 Data) and how these can be predicted. To do so, different techniques such as Feature Selection/Engineering and Ensemble Learning have been employed. This role has developed my ability to work to a deadline to produce an excellent product, utilising technologies such as Google Cloud APIs, A/B testing and version control tools (e.g. Git).
- ION Group (Service Delivery Developer Intern)
- BEng Electronic Engineering (University of Southampton)
Graduated with First-Class Honours Degree (78.68%).
- Documation Software LTD (Software Developer Intern)
Created and implemented two programs using UIPath as a Robotic Process Automation tool to automate supplier’s registration and creation of invoices into financial systems (Sage 50). The two programs I developed are currently used by Documation and its customers. Their application has been proved to speed up these processes up to three times.
- University of Southampton (ECS Research Intern)
Designed the chip and board layout for a monolithic quantum dot enhanced micro‐display demonstrator device (Micro-LED). This project was carried out in collaboration with a University in Hong Kong to research how to improve the efficiency of next-generation Micro-LED displays.
- Barclays (Technology Spring Intern)
Attended an Insight Program for Barclays in Glasgow during which I had shadowing sessions for both roles of Developer and Business Analyst. Thanks to this experience I gained a greater understanding of the financial market and of the increasing impact technology is going to have in this environment (e.g. AI, Big Data and APIs).
- Towards Data Science Associate Editor and Writer.
- freeCodeCamp, KDNuggets and Tech4future Contributor.
- Open Data Science Conference 2020 (Europe): Took part at the 2020 Open Data Science Conference as a team member of the SAS UK booth, in order to showcase the latest advancements of the SAS Viya data analytics platform.
- Mobile World Congress 2019: Attended the 2019 Mobile World Congress in Los Angeles (USA) as press member to find out how upcoming 5G technologies can be used to enhance AI powered applications.
Awards & Scholarships
- Awarded various technical cloud certifications on platforms such as Acclaim, Microsoft Learn and Google Cloud Training.
- Hursley Prize for Outstanding Computer Science Project 2018/19 (Dissertation: 89%).
- Electronics and Computer Prize Excellence Scholarship 2016 - monetary award for exceeding university entry requirements.
Hackathons & Events
- TEDxLondon Volunteer 2021.
- Google BGN 2019 London Hackathon.
- Facebook London Hack 2019: First Challenge Winner.
- Hack The South 2019: Best Hardware Prize Winner.
- Facebook Analytic Academy 2018.
- J.P. Morgan: Introduction to Big Data Analytic using Spark and Python 2018 (Spark data-set challenge winner).
- Microsoft: Deep Learning Data Analysis in Azure Workshop.
- Maquaire Technology Spotlight 2017.
- Intel Buzz Workshop London 2017.
- BMC (Bloomberg Markets Concepts).
- Cloud Computing
- R Programming
- Robotic Process Automation (e.g. UIPath)