Hi, I am Pier!
Data Analytics Engineer at Swiss Re and MSc in Artificial Intelligence holder with an interest in research areas such as Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud Development. Aside from my work activities, I am a freelancer and technical writer for Towards Data Science (an online publication with two million annual readers). Additional information about the various services and products I provide, can be found at this link.
If you are interested in finding out more about my background and latest activities, feel free to follow me on LinkedIn.
- Towards Data Science Associate Editor and Writer.
- Open Data Science, freeCodeCamp, KDNuggets, Changes Unipol and Tech4future Contributor.
- Meetups Speaker: Participated as a speaker in various online conferences and meetups such as the Microsoft Reactor of London and Global AI On Tour.
- Open Data Science Conference 2020 (Europe): Took part at the 2020 Open Data Science Conference as a team member of the SAS UK booth, in order to showcase the latest advancements of the SAS Viya data analytics platform.
- Mobile World Congress 2019: Attended the 2019 Mobile World Congress in Los Angeles (USA) as press member to find out how upcoming 5G technologies can be used to enhance AI powered applications.
Awards & Scholarships
- Awarded various technical cloud certifications on platforms such as Credly, Microsoft Learn, Coursera and Google Cloud Training.
- Hursley Prize for Outstanding Computer Science Project 2018/19 (Dissertation: 89%).
- Electronics and Computer Science 2016 Excellence Scholarship - monetary award for exceeding university requirements.
Communities & Open Source
- AWS Community Builders (2021-Present): Enrolled in the AWS Community Builders program as a Data Specialist, creating AWS enablement material and providing feedback on new AWS features.
- Open Source Contributions (2018-Present): Worked on various open source projects using programming languages such as Python and R (more than 350 followers on GitHub). Some of my most interesting projects regarding topics such as Computational Finance and Reinforcement Learning are currently available in my Artificial Intelligence Projects GitHub repository.
- Microsoft Student Ambassador (2019-2020): As part of my Master Degree, I have been a Microsoft ambassador at the University of Southampton. Thanks to this role, I had the opportunity to organise and present Workshops and Hackathons events using Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence Society (2019-2020): I have been a founding committee member of the University of Southampton Artificial Intelligence Society for which I organised workshops covering topics such as Machine Learning deployment and Natural Language Processing.
Hackathons & Events
- TEDxLondon Volunteer 2021.
- Google BGN 2019 London Hackathon.
- Facebook London Hack 2019: First Challenge Winner.
- Hack The South 2019: Best Hardware Prize Winner.
- Facebook Analytics Academy 2018.
- J.P. Morgan: Introduction to Big Data Analytics using Spark and Python 2018 (Spark data-set challenge winner).
- Microsoft: Deep Learning Data Analysis in Azure Workshop.
- Maquaire Technology Spotlight 2017.
- Intel Buzz Workshop London 2017.
- BMC (Bloomberg Markets Concepts).
A more comprehensive list of the different professional certifications I achieved is available at this link.
- Cloud Computing
- R Programming
- Robotic Process Automation (e.g. UIPath)
This website is distributed under the MIT license.
This is a personal website. Any views or opinions represented in this website are personal and belong solely to the website owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The owner of this website makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This website disclaimer is subject to change at anytime.